So, I'd like to pass along a little bit of good news, and maybe a little serendipity, to all...

For background, my wife is a Coach and Manager for the Miracle League of the South Hills. Her team is composed of adults with, well, physical or other difficulties, and this gives them an opportunity to play a little baseball as a team... as much for the social aspects as the athletic ones. (Her record? 0 - 0 - 148. Seems every game manages to end in a tie, but I digress)

Last fall, they had the usual "end of season" party for the benefits of players, coaches, and their families. Of course we went.

The Boss introduced me to a fellow coach of hers. She introduced us to her husband, Sam, who is also in IT, so we got to talking. And when it came out that I had an Amateur ticket, he got VERY excited, because he had been studying and was looking for a little help -- and a test session.

Last week (04/18) he tested at the Steel City ARC VEC session... passed his Tech and General.

FCC posted his new call online today: KC3YZM (Yeah, we gotta work on THAT mouthful)

I have a Radio Shack HTX-10 to loan him, and 80/40 dipole left to me by a ham leaving the area to give to a newbie... it's his... and offers from members of the WASH club for an HT and a mobile/base rig. We'll get him setup!

BTW, Sam is in his late 20's or early 30's... and one of the reasons it took him so long to get tested, well, his YF was about 8 3/4 months pregnant when we first talked, and he now has a daughter!